Easter is Hopping in Early!
Find community events around your area!
Easter is coming much earlier this year! Lucky for us, the mild weather we have been having will hopefully make spring fun more of a possibility here in Lima. First we wanted to make everyone aware that Stolly Insurance will be closing their offices at 12 o’clock pm on Good Friday, 3/25/2016, and reopening our doors at 8am the following Monday. Here in the Lima office we love being involved in the community and helping people get involved in local community events. There are a lot of fun things that you can get involved in for Easter so lets take a look at a few!
If you have little ones, this time of year is perfect for egg hunts, and here are a few going on in the coming weeks:
- Faith Christian Church is having an egg scramble for kids ages 0-10 on Saturday, March 19th at 1pm.
- Another egg hunt will be at Bluffton Baptist Church for kids up to 11 years old Friday, March 25th at 4pm.
- The BIG Egg Hunt will be taking place at Calvary Chapel of Praise on Saturday, March 26th at 1pm. There will be food, fun, and live entertainment. Ages 3 to 12 are welcome to hunt, rain or shine.
- Here are some other spring events in the Lima area;
- A mass bicycle ride for the whole family to kick off a great riding season! The amazing folks at Crankers cycling is bringing awareness to our Lima area that cyclist are back out on the roads and what a better time to do it then on Earth Day! Join them for a 10 mile ride on Sunday, March 20th at 1. The route will start and end at their new location, 401 N. Main St. in downtown Lima. The whole family is welcome no matter what kind of bike you ride!
- There will be an Easter breakfast open to the community at Bluffton Baptist Church in Bluffton on Easter morning, Sunday, March 27 at 9:30 am ending at 12pm. They also invite the community out to their Easter worship service at 10:45.
- There is a free community dinner at Zion Lutheran Church on Tuesday, March 22nd starting at 5 PM. Each family will be given an Easter basket when they leave. Bring your friends and neighbors; all are welcome! For more information, call 419-224-7719.
- The Harrod Fire Department will be having its annual all you can eat fish fry on Saturday, March 19th at 4 pm at the Harrod Fire House. The cost of all you can eat fish, potatoes, and more is $7.00 for adults and $3.00 for children.
- We hope you take some opportunities to get involved in our community. This list is just the tip of the iceburg on what you can do. Find something you love to do, get out there and get active! Happy spring everyone!